Inspired by the unnerving true events surrounding the Winchester House, Lionsgate Home Entertainment UK is thrilled to announce that WINCHESTER: THE HOUSE THAT GHOSTS BUILT starring Academy Award®-winner Helen Mirren will be available to own on Blu-ray & DVD from Monday 28th May.
To celebrate, we are giving away 3 Blu-rays. All you need to do is answer the question below.
On an isolated stretch of land 50 miles outside of San Francisco sits the most haunted house in the world. Built by Sarah Winchester (Helen Mirren), the eccentric firearm heiress to the Winchester Repeating Arms fortune, it is a house that knows no end.
Renowned for its enormous size, its architectural curiosities, and its lack of any master building plan, the Winchester house was constructed in an incessant twenty-four hour a day, seven day a week mania for decades. It stands seven stories tall and contains hundreds of rooms with numerous oddities. To the outsider it looks like a monstrous monument to a disturbed woman’s madness. But Sarah is not building for herself, for her niece (Sarah Snook) or for the brilliant Doctor Eric Price (Jason Clarke) whom she has summoned to the house. She is building a prison, an asylum for hundreds of vengeful ghosts, and the most terrifying among them have a score to settle with the Winchesters.
The cast is led by Academy Award®-winner Helen Mirren (Eye In The Sky, The Queen), Jason Clarke (Mudbound, Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes), Sarah Snook (Steve Jobs, Jessabelle), Angus Sampson (Insidious, Mad Max: Fury Road) and Finn Scicluna-O’Prey (True Story with Hamish & Andy, The Secret River).
Q. How many years did it take to build the Winchester house?
- 38 years
- 12 years
- 100 years
Terms and Conditions
- The prize draw is open to all UK residents aged 18 years or over, except employees of the Promoter, their families, agents or any third party directly associated with administration of the prize draw.
- The prize draw is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
- All entries must be submitted via Female First and only one entry per person is permitted.
- The opening date for entries is 18th May 2018. The closing date of the prize draw is 18th June 2018. Entries received after this time will not be counted.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries not successfully completed due to a technical fault [technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure] of any kind.
- A winner will be chosen by random draw performed by a computer process on 18th June 2018.
- The winner will receive one Blu-Ray.
- The winner will be notified by email or telephone (using details provided at entry) before 30th June 2018 and must provide a postal address to claim their prize. If a winner does not respond to the Promoter within 7 days of being notified by the Promoter, then the winner's prize will be forfeited and the Promoter will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
- The prize will be sent to the winner by post within 7 days of being notified of their win.
- The prize for the winner is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
- The prize is supplied by Lionsgate.
- The decision of the Promoter regarding any aspect of the prize draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
- The winner's name and county can be obtained by sending an email within 7 days after the date of the closing date of the prize draw.
- Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon entry. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- Winners may be required to participate in publicity related to the prize draw which may include the publication of their name and photograph in any media.
- Personal data supplied during the course of this promotion may be passed on to third party suppliers only insofar as required for fulfilment/delivery/arrangement of the prize.
- The prize draw will be governed by English law and entrants to the prize draw submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
- The Promoter of this prize draw is Female First.
Closing Date : 18th June 2018
Sorry, this competition is now closed
Please visit our competitions page for more great giveaways!