Spice up your festive leftovers this Christmas with these two Latin American recipes from Santa Maria. Bursting with vibrant flavours, its easy-cook sauces are the perfect twist to excite your post-Christmas feasts.
You could layer what’s left of the bird into a full-flavoured Colombian turkey sub, or use it to cook up a soul-warming Cuban chilli sofrito, The Santa Maria Latin American Kitchen range gives you all sorts of simple options, easy to use with the ingredients you have to hand – especially your Christmas turkey and trimmings.
Lively fiestas, colourful streets, tropical rainforests, friendly folk… there’s so much to love about Latin America. Santa Maria’s adventures through this buzzing part of the world - from the top of Mexico to tip of Brazil - bring a feast of exotic flavours into reach. Mix and match across the delicious range, building layers of taste, texture and heat with various toppings and sides.
And all of the Santa Maria Latin American Kitchen sauces are gluten-free.
Colombian Turkey Sub – Serves 2
- 1 tbsp of cooking oil
- 150g of leftover turkey pieces, pre-cooked and shredded
- 1 sachet of Santa Maria Colombian Albondigas Sauce
- 2 sub rolls (or baguettes)
- Santa Maria Jalapeños
- Grated cheese
- Heat the oil in a frying pan
- Add pre-cooked turkey pieces to the plan and heat until cooked through
- Pour the Colombian Albóndigas Sauce into the pan and cook through
- Cut open the sub and fill with the turkey filling
- Sprinkle grated cheese and Santa Maria Jalapeños on top and place under a grill until cheese has melted
As an extra treat: This is delicious served with Santa Maria Medium Salsa!
Cuban Chilli Sofrito Turkey – Serves 2
- 1 tbsp of cooking oil
- 1 white onion, sliced
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped into chunks
- 1/2 yellow pepper, chopped into chunks
- 1 sachet of Santa Maria Cuban Chilli Sofrito Sauce
- 200g of left-over turkey, pre-cooked and shredded
- 1 sachet of Santa Maria Arroz con Coco y Chile Coconut & Chilli Rice or tortillas
- Chopped coriander - to serve
- Soured cream - to serve
- Heat the oil in a large pan
- Add the onion and pepper and cook for 3-4 mins until starting to soften and slightly browned
- Add the turkey to the pan and pour in the sachet of sauce. Stir and cook for a further few minutes
- Serve with Santa Maria Arroz con Coco y Chile Coconut & Chilli Rice or tortillas
- Add a dollop of soured cream to cool down, or dial up the heat with jalapeños
Head to Santa Maria for more recipe inspiration: https://www.santamariaworld.com/uk/
Full range available to buy now at Santa Maria Online Shop http://www.santamariaworlddirect.co.uk/
Spice up your Christmas turkey leftovers with the help of the Santa Maria Latin American Kitchen range. The Santa Maria Latin American Kitchen range gives you all sorts of simple options, easy to use with the ingredients you have to hand – especially your Christmas turkey and trimmings.
- One selected winner will receive a unique code to purchase £50 worth of Santa Maria products directly from https://santamariaworlddirect.co.uk/
- The unique code will be valid until March 31, 2019
- The voucher should be redeemed in one transaction to qualify for free delivery
For your chance to win, simply fill in your details below and answer the following question:
What is traditionally eaten at Christmas across the UK?
C) Fish and chips
Closing Date : 21st January 2019
Sorry, this competition is now closed
Please visit our competitions page for more great giveaways!