The unbelievable true story of one man, one movement, the music and madness that was… Manchester. Turn up the volume and enjoy the cult party classic on Blu-ray for the first time with a euphoric 4.5 hours of bonus material.
An exhilarating portrait of the 80’s music scene, 24 Hour Party People is viewed through the drug-glazed eyes of Tony Wilson: founder of one of the most important recording companies in history, Factory Records.
Signing up bands such as Joy Division, Happy Mondays and New Order, Wilson famously went broke doling out artistic freedom, refusing to tie artists down with contracts, and reveling in the birth of rave culture in his commercially doomed, world-famous nightclub The Hacienda.
A revelatory and unexpectedly inspiring true story of sex, drugs and rock’n’roll, 24 Hour Party people is a blackly comic tale with a fantastic soundtrack and a certified must-own for music fans worldwide.
- Audio commentary with Tony Wilson
- Audio commentary with Steve Coogan and producer Andrew Eaton
- ‘Unknown Pleasures ‘– 24 deleted scenes
- ‘Pills ‘N’ Thrills and Bellyaches’ – 11 interviews with people involved in the Factory Records/Hacienda scene, including Tony Wilson, members of The Happy Mondays and DJ Arthur Baker
- ‘From The Factory Floor’ - Commentary from former Factory collaborators including Peter Hook, Rowetta and Martin Moscrop
- Profile of director Michael Winterbottom
- Audio interview with Peter Saville, the co-founder and graphic designer for Factory Records
Starring Steve Coogan (I’m Alan Partridge) and featuring a brilliant supporting cast including Simon Pegg (Hot Fuzz, Shaun of the Dead), Peter Kay (Phoenix Nights), Rob Brydon (Gavin and Stacey), John Simm (Human Traffic, Life on Mars), John Thomson (The Fast Show), Ralf Little (The Royle Family) and Shirley Henderson (Trainspotting).
Icon Film Distribution presents 24 Hour Party People on collector's edition Blu-ray and DVD 3 June
Pre-order Blu-ray: http://bit.ly/24HPPBlu-Ray
Pre-order DVD: http://bit.ly/24HPPDVD
Runtime: 117 mins
For your chance to win- just answer the following question:
Who plays Tony Wilson in the movie?
A: Steve Coogan
B: Peter Kay
C: Simon Pegg